1 Banana & 2 Eggs: The SUPER simple 5 minute Banana Fritter
Almost everyone has heard of banana fritters, even if they’ve never tasted them. Versions of banana fritters can be found around the world, from Jamaica to China, and there are a huge variety of recipes for making the different types, with personalised tweaks on old favourites very common.
Many available recipes you will find require the addition of flour, salt, sugar or baking powder. The recipe we are presenting here is much less complicated. Overripe bananas make the best fritters so this is an ideal way to use them rather than throw them away.
These simple fritters make a quick and easy snack or dessert any time of day, from breakfast to tea time.
They take just 5 minutes (really) from cracking the egg to enjoying with Nutella, Honey or Fruit
They are delicious enjoyed freshly made and hot with honey, syrup or chocolate sauce and can also be served with fruit and ice cream. Whatever you prefer!
1 ripe or overripe banana
YOU WILL NEED
Oil for frying
1x Mixing bowl
1x Non-stick frying pan
HOW TO DO IT
- Heat a non-stick pan with a little oil
- Break the two eggs into the bowl
- Beat the two eggs until the white and yolk are thoroughly combined and the texture is thick and foamy
- Peel the banana and place in the bowl
- Mash the banana until it is soft, smooth and creamy, andcombine with the eggs
- Add a small amount of the mixture to the pan in a roughly circular shape and fry for around 30-40 seconds each side, depending on how crisp you like your fritters
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a sauce of your choice!
There you have it, delicious banana fritters!